Welcome to Living-Autistic

Call me OT; I have Asperger's Syndrome. AS is an autism spectrum disorder, or to put it more simply: a Type of High functioning Autism.
I have created this blog as a way of providing personal stories, insight, opinion, resorce, and help to other people living with a ASD's.(Autism spectrum Disorders) I have decided to do this based completely on my own frustration with the fact that there doesn't seem to be much reading material for/about autistic adults and the way they interact with, and get by in the world.

I am admitedly Very poor at communicating, so my posts may, at times seem Ill thought out, or just poorly concieved. Further, My spelling is horrible; but I will do my best to communicate my thoughts clearly, and concicely. Please bear with me.

I hope you find this blog to be helpful, and If you read a post you found particularly helpful , or if you have a question, or an Idea for a post, I hope you leave a comment.

Thank you for reading,

-OT

Monday, September 24, 2012

My wife actually took me to a Cook-Doctor earlier this summer to try to "Cure" me. -That hurt. A LOT! I couldn't believe that she was so uncomfortable with me that she would try to change my neurological pathways to fit what she wanted in a husband.

Of course it failed, and was a gigantic waste of money, but I went anyhow, because I am doing everything I can to make her happy. -I'm just not sure I'll be able to.

I personally don't believe Autism can be cured, Prevented perhaps, in the future, but I don't think it could be cured. Not only that, but I don't believe I need a cure. Sure, I am a flawed, and imperfect person, I have my idiosyncrasies, but I am happy, confident, and functional "Enough" and I wouldn't accept a change being made to my neurology any more than I believe anybody else would.

No comments:

Post a Comment