Welcome to Living-Autistic

Call me OT; I have Asperger's Syndrome. AS is an autism spectrum disorder, or to put it more simply: a Type of High functioning Autism.
I have created this blog as a way of providing personal stories, insight, opinion, resorce, and help to other people living with a ASD's.(Autism spectrum Disorders) I have decided to do this based completely on my own frustration with the fact that there doesn't seem to be much reading material for/about autistic adults and the way they interact with, and get by in the world.

I am admitedly Very poor at communicating, so my posts may, at times seem Ill thought out, or just poorly concieved. Further, My spelling is horrible; but I will do my best to communicate my thoughts clearly, and concicely. Please bear with me.

I hope you find this blog to be helpful, and If you read a post you found particularly helpful , or if you have a question, or an Idea for a post, I hope you leave a comment.

Thank you for reading,

-OT

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Tights: Take two.

Continuing with the current personal stories:
I bought a couple of new pairs of tights on sale a couple of days ago. They are made of Microfiber and they are AMAZING at drowning out sensory input. I have already found some Microfiber compression shirts online and can't wait until they get here.

-I would just like to take this oppertunity to reafirm that yes, I am in fact straight, and I achive no sexual satisfaction from wearing women's clothing. It is simply the most effective way I have found of working through my life as someone with an ASD.-

The tights have a brief at the top which is made of nylon, I guess it's a control top, but ionicly it stretches more than the microfiber, however this allows for extra comfort in the "Crotch area;" they have flat seams (very important for somebody like me) they are quiet soft, and are VERY tight all the way up. They also stay up, and in place without any problem, which is SO nice.
Every part stays snug and doesn't move at all, all day long.

as long as I am able, I will never buy another brand or fabric.
I'm really hoping my shirts are as comfortable. I usually seem to have bad luck with this sort of thing; there is always something slightly off, which with me is always a huge deal. I hate not being able to feel the fabric, see how tightly it will fit, how long the cut is vs. how tight it is. I really hope they work. I'm not made of money, and these particular shirts were really reasonably priced so I can buy more and spend less, which is obviousely a good thing.

In a similar story:
I have recently been in contact with another person living with Aspergers; She has many of my same issues, and copes with them the same ways I do. She suggested I try somethng called Zentai*. I am a little "iffy" to say the least. Though I must admit the idea does sound very appealing from a sensory point of view. She told me I need to try to look past the stigma, and look at it the same way I look at wearing tights. I am really considering it. Based on what she has told me, I believe it would be very comfortable and relaxing for me. No waistebands, wrist bands, collars, or mis matched materials, I also found out you can get them with individual toes. I know it may sound weird to you, but it sounds like another sensory issue resolved to me. I do worry about the zippers., I worry they will be distracting, but I suppose, that just like the new shirts, I won't know until I try.
I have looked into it, and have found some suits quite cheap online; though I may hold out to try to find some made of microfiber now, I'm not sure, It sounds so nice, and I may strike while the iron's hot (and the bank account has the finances) I am blowing a lot of money on sensory attire this week, and finances really aren't one of my strong suits. But that's another post, for another time.

Thank you for reading, I hope you found the post informative. Comments, suggestions, or questions are as always welcomed.

*For those who don't know, Zentai is the covering of the whole body, head to foot, in stretchy material; most often spandex or lycra, and is often done for sexual/fetish purposes.

1 comment:

  1. What brands of hosiery and Zentai suit did you buy?

    --
    Hosiery Advocate

    ReplyDelete